Strategic Planning Section is responsible for developing a cohesive and integrated strategy for the government funded technical and vocational education and training sector in Abu Dhabi and align it with UAE vision 2021 and Abu Dhabi Emirate plan. In addition, it is responsible for developing and incubating strategic priority projects and Key performance indicators and monitor the performance of strategic plan on regular basis.
The Section work with Abu Dhabi Vocational Education and Training Institute (ADVETI) and the Institute of Applied Technology (IAT) to align their strategic plans with ACTVET vision, mission and priorities & Emirate plan and government directions by monitoring achievements and implementation plans. It also validates, consolidates, reconciles, provides and publishes accurate, timely and consistent information by developing a centralized TVET database with automated Electronic Data Interface (EDI) from respective entities.
Startegic Planning Functions:
- Managing the development, revision and updates of ACTVET Strategic Plan in alignment with objectives set by Emiri Decree and Abu Dhabi Emirate Plan.
- Establishing TVET sector strategic KPIs and monitor performance against strategic goals.
- Communicating with GSEC on an ongoing basis regarding the preparation, reviewing and presenting the Strategic Plan and Strategic KPIs.
- Planning for strategic issues in TVET sector.
- Assisting ADVETI and IAT in the preparation of their strategic plans.
- Any other tasks or responsibilities assigned by the top management or GSEC.